NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am being stationed at CP and moving to Havelock in a couple weeks. I have a few questions if anyone cares to help me out. Where in Havelock to get ethanol-free gasoline? Which ramp is best, public ramp on 70 or ordnance point on base? I have a bass boat and have fished tournaments out of New Bern and was familiar with New River in the past but I am not familiar with Havelock area. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

· Registered
171 Posts
Welcome. The best ramp at CP is at the Marina, From there you are on Hancock Creek and access to Cahooque Creek. Both places are good for Largemouth and Trout. The ramp at Ordnance Point can be a pain when the water is low as it is a low sloping ramp, but it is manageable with a partner. Also, it has a drop-off near the last post on the dock. Hook a biggun!

· Registered
1,442 Posts
CaptD: Welcome, and I agree with fishmanj that the Hancock Marina is the best, plus it's the most protected if the wind gets up. There's also a NC Wildlife ramp up on Cahooque Creek and another one on upper Slocum Creek by the Hampton Inn on Hwy 70, but that one's only suitable for smaller boats. I don't know about Ethanol free gas up there as I live down on the coast. But I did work at Cherry Point for about 10 years after I retired, and it's a fantastic fishery with incredible variety. Best of luck to you as you learn those new waters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts