NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. Me and the wife recently purchased sonme SOT kayaks. Myself went with a Jackson cuda 12, and for her a Native slayer 12. Our maiden voyage started here on lake Hickory then we left to go to Ocean Isle for vacation with yaks in tow.
I haven't fished on lake Hickory yet, but was fortunate to do a lot in OIB. Where I loved it! My favorite spot was launching off the beach and going straight out to fish, the inter coastal areas wasn't to bad either. Caught a lot of fish nothing to big to brag about. I still have a lot to learn as far as fishing off a yak. I have a lot of rigging to do too. Here's a few pics

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Welcome to the game. It can get expensive quickly but always so satisfying to get it done from a yak. Do your research before you go out buying a million things and start rigging. Take a bunch of trips and you'll get a good idea of what you have to have and what can wait. Congrats on the yaks.
btw if you don't have PDFs yet look into kayak ones there are several good brands. The standards are ok but you want one with a missing lower back so that it doesn't effect your sitting position.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Once you yak you'll never go back. It's one of the best things I've ever bought for myself. I'm starting to venture out into salt water fishing so hang on.

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Welcome! Purchasing my yak was a great idea and I'll have one for the rest of my life! Keep it simple and take/add things you need.....less is more for me.

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts