NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We moved to NC two months ago, to the Albemarle Sound area. I will be doing most of my fishing in the Little River, the adjacent rivers, and of course the Albemarle Sound. All of my fishing experience was on the Santee Cooper Lakes in SC. ANY suggestions of where to fish, what to fish for, and of course how to fish for them will be appreciated.
I will also need suggestions on tackle to use. All of my "stuff" is 15 years old, so it will probably be an opportunity to get new gear <G>.
BTW, my neighbor gave me some fresh caught sea mullet, and it was GREAT! How can they be caught on rod and reel?
Thanks,
Coltpilot... in the IBX :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think he hides out, waiting for new members to grab their wallets and make off with lots of money. Ho hum... at least I came away with some really cool stuff, like a cast net, fishing net, new hat, then of course 9 new rods, 12 new reels... egads, did he really catch me that bad? I didn't even include all the bait/lures, plus new tackle boxes.....eeeeeek... run for your lives...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Ahhhh the Santee/Cooper... I miss it. And I talk about it wayyyy too much....LOL

Welcome!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello Coltpilot. Welcome to NCangler. Certainly this crowd of cutthroats and theives will let you know all you need about fishing in NC. For Sea Mullet, head east till you run out of land. Turn North or South, find a pier, 6'6" or 7' one piece spinning rod, a medium open-faced reel (ex. Shimano 4000, Plueger, Okuma, whatever your preference), 12-15# line, and a bottom rig for Sea Mullet (Whiting), Spot, Pompano, etc... and some shrimp or bloodworms or fishbites. Oh! #2,3,or 4 pyramid weight, depending on how rough the surf is that day. Catch them until your tired of reeling them in. Good luck to ya and again, welcome.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome to the board coltpilot!

Boy, big Sea Mullet are a lot of fun to catch on light tackle! Two hook bottom rig and shrimp or soft shell sand fleas or sand fiddlers if you can find them.

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all replies! I have to go out to work on the dock, so I can get my little boat in water... AFTER tropical storm Barry leaves the area. I guess that he will be welcome. I need the rain to keep the grass seed growing!

Thanks again,
Coltpilot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.