NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm a kayak angler from Yanceyville NC. Yanceyville is about 15 minutes south of Danville Va, 30 minutes north of Greensboro just to give you an idea. I fish alot of the local lakes in my area and frequently travel to the Topsail Island area often. I currently own a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 but am looking hard at the new Wilderness Systems ATAK. Havent floated my yak in the salt yet but am planning real soon to. Am a avid saltwater man but mostly on the planks and from shore. Enjoy flounder gigging also. Also a deer, turkey, squirrel, and rabbit hunter!! That about sums it up. Would love to meet other fellow kayak anglers especially at the coast who may be able to show me the ropes in the salt on a yak!!

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I'm not a kayaker and the only salt fishing I have yet really done is down on the Fla panhandle (visiting the in-laws), but stay active on these forums, and you are sure to find a lot of great folks that share your interests. Welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Welcome. There are definitely some Kayak anglers that are familiar with the Topsail area. Try using the search bar to find some recent posts for that area, I'd bet you'll find a couple guys reporting from their kayaks.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
You live very close to one of the pillars of our online community. Look for posts from Pappadave he doesn't yak much but he is a great guy and knows Yanceyville and the salt water well. He is out and about without access till the middle of August or so.

If you ever want to drag a yak out this way let me know. Sometimes we can find a smallie or two.

Darrell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.