NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this site but not new to fishing. I fish mostly in NE NC. Fresh and salt water and do alot of fishing from my kayak. Anyone in the area that wants to get together and fish let me know. Time to go and get familiar with this site. Chris

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
All right, another kayaker! (Not that we aren't happy to see traditional boaters and bank fishermen too). As a member of the unofficial NCangler Kayak Armada I wish you a warm welcome. Hope you'll hang around and get to know some folks.

How far to the NE in NC? Roanoke Rapids/Weldon? Currituck? Let us know where you like to fish and we'll see about scheduling a kayak road trip.

Good to have you on board Chris!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Oh jeez.... not another one of "those"! :rolleyes:
LOL -- Watch out, Dave -- lots of opportunity to be assimilated in two years....

Howdy Chris, welcome to the board! What type of kayak do you paddle?
Lefty

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome to the site and watch out for snakes falling out of trees if you fish around Chowan. :eek: Not to much room to move or react in that yakker. ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
watch out for snakes falling out of trees if you fish around Chowan. :eek: Not to much room to move or react in that yakker. ;)
Yakers need to watch out for snakes everywhere! I have had a watersnake (at least that's what I hope it was) try to crawl up my paddle that was resting on my lap and in the water at Falls.

Thanks fo rthe post Mutual- I had no idea all these guys are yakers.

Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I currently live about seven miles from the wright memorial bridge that links mainland currituck to the obx. I use a hobie outfitter at the moment to kayak fish out of but am trying to rustle up the money to buy a good priced manta ray 12. The hobie is a tandem and I do most of my fishing solo out of it (it is quite the barge) but works non the less. Well the wind has stopped blowing 40 and i am going fishing. Wade fishing in the sound probably. Caught some specks and some puppy drum before the storms came through. Keep me posted and would love to fish with any of you. Let me know.
Chris

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Go Manta Ray!!
I've had mine for a year now... If that's what you decide to go with, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Check out my album in the photo gallery.
lefty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.