NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the nc fishing community, i was just stationed here in jacksonville in november, and am trying to find good places to fish. ill fish for anything really, i just dont know the areas to try, ive been to the seaview pier, and didnt catch much, anyone know of some areas i can try? i thought of hitting up ft. macon from the shore where the channel is, but have questioned due to the amount of dolphins i saw out there last time i was there. anythin that will point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. -Brett

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Hey Brett. Welcome to the site and look forward to your posts. You might be interested in our Red X Angler meet and greet this Saturday in New Bern. There are currently about 50 of us meeting at Lawson Creek park. We have 3 seats open on the boats if you are interested. If so, go to the following link and let us know. We'll put you on the list. http://www.ncangler.com/forums/f114/red-x-angler-3-27-m-21378.html.

The current "official" list of boats and anglers is kept in the first post of the thread. Also logistics, dates, times, about the event.

Reactions: simplefisher89

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for the offer, ive never been there before, is it saltwater? and do you have an address for the park, like i said im new to the area and tend to get lost often, i just purchased a gps and can find it with an address. thanks in advance - Brett

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hey Brett, take Hwy 17 in front of Wal-Mart towards New Bern. Get on Hwy 70 towards Havelock(ramp is right past Wal-Mart), take the exit with the bear on it(should be the first off ramp). First right will be the park.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Hey Brett, take Hwy 17 in front of Wal-Mart towards New Bern. Get on Hwy 70 towards Havelock(ramp is right past Wal-Mart), take the exit with the bear on it(should be the first off ramp). First right will be the park.
Exit is 416.

Reactions: simplefisher89

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.