NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I forget if I introduced myself before, back when I was in the process of getting transferred. If not, I'm Scott Hemstreet, recently transferred down here from VA. Live just off 401 between Rolesville and Louisberg (10 miles from Wake Forest).

Used to trolling and bottom fishing the middle Potomac, successfully for croaker and cats, not so successfully for rockfish.

Been a while since I have dealt with largemouth type bass, and that was farm pond type fishing. Hope to be able to adapt my boats to fishing here, although the Arima is listed in classified (more because I think a dual console might be more use down here than anything else).

Just launched at Upper Bartons Creek on Falls Lake. Seems like a neat stretch of river from there towards the dam, reminded me a little of the Rappahannock, without the current.

Anyway, hoping for a decent fall fishing season, probably will be mainly Falls Lake, maybe once I have it a little figured out I will try a couple other lakes or even some inshore fishing.

I did have a question though, is there a local VHF channel people used around here? Back in VA it was pretty much 68, between the Tidal Fish guys and the Potomac River club I was a member of, I could usually catch someone to compare fishing with. I did not here much chatter at all today.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott. Moving is tough sometimes but I have done it so many times it is getting a little like going to work. Just get up and start doing it. Hopefully you won't get to that point. As far as fishing in your area goes I can't be of much help but Monday should bring a few responses from your area. Traffic can be slow here on the weekend. There are several members on here that fish Jordan and Falls lakes. If you need any help getting started in the salt there are plenty of guys that are willing to steer you in the right direction. Good luckwith the fishing and your new home. AL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.