NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was born and raised in Ontario, Canada, most of my fishing up north has been for walleye, northern pike, musky and of course salmon.
I try to go fishing every weekend :D. (Keeps me outta trouble for the most part:rolleyes:). I enjoy using light tackle, makes ya feel real good bringing in a 20lb salmon on 2lb test:D. I have been bass/crappie fishing with my ultralight, haven't had much luck catching a big one yet. I am working on getting a boat so hopefully soon I'll be able to get to some of the big ones ;)
I am looking for some good walleye fishing here in NC and was wondering if someone could give me some good places to go and the best months to go.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Gonna get for now, Just thought I would drop everyone a line and maybe get some info on some good walleyes.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
good eye fishing takes place in the moutains lake james for one. eye's tend to spawn late febuary here. eyes are not as numerus in james. yes there is a bunch not like great lakes.
if ya just got to troll try striper fishing. badin would be the place nearest you good striper fishing. lots of landlock striped bass big going 20+ a bunch in the 2-8 pound range..during winter look for the birds divin..

zooker

·
Registered
205 Posts
tazzman, if you want some waleyes, fontana and santeelah are pretty good, but they are extrmely deep. I've fished in water that is close to 200ft. deep. The best walleye fishing this far south takes place in early spring when they run up the little tennesee river . if you want musky we have a handful of rivers that have great catch rates ,the french broad (my stomping grounds) have plenty of the toothy critters, it even has a run of walleyes that you can catch below hot springs. (i've caught 2 over 7 pounds) i think lake norman has some walleyes, but i am not really sure. you'd have to ask someone who is more familiar with it. anyway welcome!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lake Norman, although downstream from Lake James does not have Waleyes. The NCWRC says that there are Sauger, a close cousin to the Wallypike, in the lake but I've never seen one and I've been fishing it for 40 years. When I want 'eyes, I go to James in the spring. There's a decent white bass fishery there too. The mountain lakes have some trout too... big lakers so you'll need a boat to deep troll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.