NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to NC, live just North of Charlotte for all of 4 days. I spent the past 3.5 years living in SE PA and 7 years before that living in MN. I didn't realize my passion for fishing until after I got outj of the Navy and moved back to MN. I love to fish for a variety of inland species. My favorite would be the Northern Pike, but since there aren't any of those down here, I will be pursueing Bass and Crappies. I don't live far from Lake Norman, so I envision many hours probing those waters. I have been a member of other sites and this rates right up there with the others. I am very happy to be aboard and look forward to exchanging information with everyone.

Mike :)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Was he yummy? Or is he out there waiting for the next one of us to join him for a pic?
Lefty

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome Mike! Glad to have you on. You should get lots of good stuff the guys on here.

There's a magazine called North Carolina Sportsman that usually has stuff on Lake Norman if you can't find info anywhere else. There was story about Lake Norman Cats a couple of issues ago. You may be able to find it on their website. The mag is in all the gas stations around here and probably 'round there too.

Keep us posted on your fishing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys. I don't think I can find productive water quickly enough. That big toothy critter went back into the water to haunt more walleyes and crappie. Thanks for the heads up Parrothead, I just ran across that website before I logged in here. I have found that websites really shorten the learning curve for new areas, thanks in advance

Mike

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
welcome to the board mike.. one thing i know about norman is it has 2 hot holes fish these areas during the cold months with 1 eye on the tempature gauge.. the lake is full of spotted bass there is a few largemouth but spots domanate...

#5 shad raps are killer-in shad color- be forwarned bass hit near the bank any hit 1/2 way back to the boat will likly be striper or cat fish..

zooker

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Mike, you might be out of luck on northerns but muskies and walleyes can be had in NC as well as chain pickerel. You should be able to catch some yellow perch also. See carpenter's post " Norman's cow perch " for some of Lake Norman's " other " fine eating perch. AL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.