NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am new to thc Concord area. As you can see by the screen name I'm a transplanted Yankee. But,I would appreciate it if nobody held that against me. What I am looking for are some Lakes/Ponds in this area. So far I've managed to make it to Badin Lake and Tuckertown. Also,I would like to find a local Bass Club that either I could contact or could contact me. Thanks in advance and I'm so glad that I found this awsome site.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hold the phone dave ya start crap about yankees and i am going to be the one you deal with..

ehh.. he aint a yankee he is much worst a new englander..lmho..don't worry bud this site is the chit..

umm try rowan county bassmasters. out of salisbury. only guy i know for sure is mike smith.. fished with him in the federation tourny last spring..
there is a club out of concord but not real sure there name. they fish every sunday-i do know that much.. give me a while to dig and see what i can find..

zooker

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
:eek: Oh no.. Zooker's one too!!

Ha ha ha ha... Oh well... my wife's from Plymouth Mass... so what's that tell ya.. :eek:

Let me guess, y'all drink yer tea hot?? ha ha ha ha ha.... :rolleyes: :)
That's alright.. her relatives say I talk "funny" when I visit up there

But see us boys from the south can say New-anglin and it will pass! ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
if you fish tuckertown give me a holler 336-250-1578 i live 7 miles from the 49 launch..

easy ther dave i don't drink hot tea just can't stand SWEET tea for nothing..

zooker

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
zooker said:
easy ther dave i don't drink hot tea just can't stand SWEET tea for nothing..

zooker
Reminds me of when I moved from NC to Mass. (job related) back in 1991. My first stop in the commonwealth was at a turnpike restaurant. It was April and I ordered an iced tea. The waitress told me they don't serve ice tea except in the Summer. Shocked, I asked her if they served hot coffee in July, but by the look on her face when she said yes, I don't think she made the connection. I asked her if they had hot tea, sugar and a glass of ice, she said yes and brought them to me....... Ah.....ice tea in New England in April..... now there is a novel idea.... but don't tell the waitress.... :D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Howdy UCONN, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the fishing down here...

(You a basketball fan? GO WOLFPACK!) ;)
lefty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.