NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i just moved to the wilmington area from TX.and was looking for someone that fishes the cape fear or brunswick river to tag alone with to learn the area,or just ride with me in my boat to do some scouting and show me around.

jerry

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey Jerry - welcome to NC. I live up the road from you a few miles. I mainly fish the Topsail area but this time of the year I do make a few trips on the Cape Fear River fishing for Striper. PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call sometime when I head that way. Are you available during the week at all?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
mmm.... TX pit-cooked BBQ...yummy! I'm afraid you're in for a shock here..LOL!

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
mmm.... TX pit-cooked BBQ...yummy! I'm afraid you're in for a shock here..LOL!
Aw 'Drop - look what you've done - now I've got my drool on...
(My last stop before here was Austin).

Welcome Jerry! If you look real hard you might find some passable brisket to tide you over while you develop a taste for the vinegar soaked piggy!:eek:

What part of TX are you coming from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we lived in lubbock texas,ended up north of dallas (denton tx) two years ago for work reasons....know it brings use to the east coast,and i have to say,this is it.the wife and i love it here,and the best part is none of the dallas,fort worth traffic to deal with !!..as far as the vinegar soak piggy,that will take some time,thank goodness i brought our pit with us.but i will miss the boudin sausage from louisiana!:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
boudin sausage from louisiana!:) AWWWWWWWW ya killin' me!!!! and I'm just from TN..LOL!!

G

·
hi crome, welcome from a one week resident of N.C... i'm just moved from central Illinios and will be looking to hook up to learn some of the new waters also.
as far as piggies, they say we were Kansas City influenced ? and sausages... i'm from a old Itailian area, so... along with great pizza and homemade wines. CHEERS

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
crome- I travel to Tx a few times a year. I look for the nearest BBQ restruant a soon as I get off the plane. Thank goodness, I have a trip to Ft Worth coming up in Febuary. I can taste that Risky's BBQ and a cold Shiner Bock, now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crome- I travel to Tx a few times a year. I look for the nearest BBQ restruant a soon as I get off the plane. Thank goodness, I have a trip to Ft Worth coming up in Febuary. I can taste that Risky's BBQ and a cold Shiner Bock, now.

ricky's is some good eaten'.....and that shiner sure will be missed!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Don't worry. You can find Shiner beer here. Try some of the specialty shops.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
And whats wrong with good old NC BBQ pig, cooked just right in Eastern NC.:D Thats what I thought nothing, I love it.

Welcome to the area and to some of the finest fishing in the states.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.