NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New to the site. I hope to gain some knowledge regarding fishing on Topsail Island. I think Topsail is a great place and my family and I just love vacationing there. Our fishing experiences for the last 4 years or so have been limited to fishing off the pier to the house rent in Stump Sound. Good fishing for kids. Catch many spot, and an occaisional red or black drum and even a flounder or two.

So any tips, ideas or suggestions any veteran out there woudl care to offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
welcome to the party!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard! I and several others on here fish the Topsail Area all the time so if you have any questions or need specific info, fire away. You also may want to use our search feature to read previous threads.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 horseman.......................plenty of others visit and fish Topsail area pretty much, me included. I do a lot of surf, pier and some on the ICW.

Give a shout when you're down this way and try to hook up and maybe share some ideas and fish zones.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome. I am just interested in getting more info on places to take myself and my kids for some fishing while at Topsail. We have beed going there for 5 years or so. The kids are older now and the dock off the back of the house is a bit cramped. We are interested in catching flounder and maybe some reds. The kids enjoy catching just about anything. So any info or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
You might want to try some surf fishing or pier fishing if you haven't already. Also head to the south end of the island and fish either the backside (Banks Channel) or off the point you can reach the shoals and the backside of the inlet.

If you are adventuresome go to Herring Sporting Goods in Surf City and rent some kayaks. You also might consider a charter Captain/guide for a half day or full day inshore or offshore trip. Also their is a "head" boat that runs out of Topsail Beach called the Vonday Kay. If your are interested in any of the charters that, let me know what type fishing you want to do and I'll send you some names and numbers via private message.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You might want to try some surf fishing or pier fishing if you haven't already. Also head to the south end of the island and fish either the backside (Banks Channel) or off the point you can reach the shoals and the backside of the inlet.

If you are adventuresome go to Herring Sporting Goods in Surf City and rent some kayaks. You also might consider a charter Captain/guide for a half day or full day inshore or offshore trip. Also their is a "head" boat that runs out of Topsail Beach called the Vonday Kay. If your are interested in any of the charters that, let me know what type fishing you want to do and I'll send you some names and numbers via private message.
Thanks for the info, We have not tried pier fishing yet. Also I am not equipped for surf fishing. I must say I am not a very experienced fisherman, but I thouroughly enjoy fishing at Topsail. Any charter info would be helpful. My kids are 8 and 4. So anything we would do would be taking that in to consideration.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
10-4 horseman.......................plenty of others visit and fish Topsail area pretty much, me included. I do a lot of surf, pier and some on the ICW.

Give a shout when you're down this way and try to hook up and maybe share some ideas and fish zones.

tight lines <*)))))>{
We will most likely be down around the 4th or 5th of July.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
If you use the fishing tackle off of a dock you can use if off of a pier and in the surf.......you only need to cast into the breakers to catch fish.....casting way out will yield in very few fish.

The area you swim in has the most fish.......

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome to the site! I also fish at Topsail, surf fishing. There are some great surf fishing tips on the site, just do a search. Glad you joined!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.