NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this site and WNC in general and getting back into fishing after about a 20 year hiatus. I live on Lake Hickory and have fun lazily fishing from the shore. What this means is that I'll cast from the shoreline a few evenings a week with plastics, jigs, buzz, crank bait - you name it, until I don't catch anything, and then switch to processed meat on a hook to grab a catfish to keep things interesting.

My ideal fishing trip starts with a good hour hike with nobody around.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Welcome to the site. Seems like you are in a nice area for a hike. What happens when you catch a lunker, do you carry it all the way back or are you a C&R angler?

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Welcome to NCangler!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Welcome to the site, Glad you have joined us. What part of the lake do you live on? I have fished Hickory a good bit over the last 40 years, mostly between Rhodhiss and 127, if I can help with info.

Darrell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the site, Glad you have joined us. What part of the lake do you live on? I have fished Hickory a good bit over the last 40 years, mostly between Rhodhiss and 127, if I can help with info.

Darrell
North side near Wittenberg. Makes it really easy to tell when the Saturday morning tournaments are.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence Rodney. When things slow down at the ice truck maybe you can come down for a day or two and we'll try our hand at the still waters.

Darrell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.