NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am fairly new to Eastern North Carolina. I moved here almost a year ago from Arizona. I haven't had a chance to do any fishing since I've moved here, now that I do have the time, I realize I have no clue where to go. I like to catch bass and trout. I am wondering if anyone can give any advice on where to go. I've heard some good things about Lake Mattamuskeet, however, I can't find a fishing report.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I can't remember if you have to make a certain number of posts in order to be able to perform a search but try this.

1. In the upper right hand corner of the screen you'll see a search bar. Under the search button click "advanced search". You don't need to enter anything in the search bar prior to clicking "advanced search".

2. Next page: Click the "All Types" box toward the top.

3. Under that there is a search bar. Type Lake Mattamuskeet in the top one. To the right of that click the drop down arrow that says "search entire posts" and select the other option: "Titles Only".

4. Click search now.

5. There will be several threads pulled up but not all if any are up to date but they'll give you an idea of what you're looking for hopefully. I was going to copy and paste all those links for you but maybe doing this will teach you how you can navigate the site in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately I am without a boat or kayak so I will be fishing off the bank. Really, bass in the Tar? Anywhere specific?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am in Greenville as well. I catch bass in the tar but don't have success catching bass from the bank anywhere. But you bank fish at the town commons. There are ponds off Grimesland bridge rd in grimesland that I have seen bass caught in but I have never caught anything. You can also fish at river park north. Sorry for grammer. On my phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts