NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have a boat that I can take in to the sound and want to start doing some trout and drum fishing. I live in Greenville and just need to know a good place to start. I've fished fresh water for bass and catfish my whole life but sound fishing is new to me. Any advice on rivers and lures to get me started would be greatly appreciated. I've got a friend that said the Pungo at Belhaven was a good place to start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are a lot of good spots to put in down hwy 33 and around Washington. I have put in at Tranters creek and can always count on a mixed bag of fish. Plus from there you can fish the rivers or venture out to the waterfront and even the sound. Rock have been know to be found in these areas this time of the year.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Keep in mind the farther east you go from Washington the more salt you will run into. This can vary greatly with rainfall, winds and time of year. Right now there are striper to play with around Washington and you can find trout as you move downriver.

***make sure you have your coastal and inland fishing license.....

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
595 Posts
Keep in mind the farther east you go from Washington the more salt you will run into. This can vary greatly with rainfall, winds and time of year. Right now there are striper to play with around Washington and you can find trout as you move downriver.

***make sure you have your coastal and inland fishing license.....
What is the closest place east of Washington you would look for trout and have a reasonable chance of finding them?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Dinahs landing off hwy 264 puts you right across from Blounts creek. Cotton Patch Landing puts you a bit farther east opposite side of the river from Dinahs down hwy33.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Start working your landings past washington, Dinahs, Cotton Patch, Aurora, Campbells, hobucken, goose, belhaven. Carry a mixed bag of soft plastics (gulp, zman, etc and jig heads) and hard baits (mirrolures MR-17's and such size variant) also popping corks are hard to beat, this time of year retrieve is usually a little slower all the way around so be mindful of speed, im sure some of these other guys know more than me and can fill the gaps. But trout should be in the creeks just take your time and figure it out. Lots to learn when targeting these, I have been transitioning from fresh to salt over the past two years, and have learned alot from the crowd here and just experimenting on the water. Im in winterville, so maybe we can plan a trip one day... Good Luck

Reactions: sundrop
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.