NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to santeetlah for first time. going to camp and fish the first week of june and
was wondering if anyone could offer any tips on catching walleye or trout. I have
a boat and am used to trolling for stripers but I dont know squat about trolling for
eyes and trout. I will also have casting gear for live and artificial. would appreciate
any info:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tide Tiger, This week alot of trout are in the lake at the mouth of Snowbird creek, I'm not shure if they are stocked rainbow or Steelhead. I had a couple of clients camping on the lake this week who caught alot of them using small spinners.

The only info I can give you on Walleye is fishing at the dam late at night. There are two lighted signs on the dam that read "Danger, stay 500 foot from dam" If you tie up right under the sign:confused: at about 11 or 12 o'clock at night, you can slay Walleye and Lake Trout on lead heads tipped with a night crawler. The lights on the signs attract baitfish, the baitfish attract everything, including fishermen who are willing to tie up under a sign that reads "DANGER STAY 500 FOOT FROM DAM"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.