NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just stumbled across this site and figured I'd check it out and see what all it was about. My name is Anthony Moser and I mainly carp fish with my 5 year old stepson and wife. Looking for new places to bank fish all the time for carp and cats so if any one wants to go or nows of any good places around high point or Greensboro please let me now. Y'all have a good one and tight lines

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
Glad you have joined us looking forward to seeing some pics of the fish and the family fishing together ..

Darrell

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as we get a chance to go I'll take a few and post them. Gonna try high point city lake out prob Monday and see if I can get them to bite there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,768 Posts
Welcome... I'm afraid I don't know much about either carp or catfishing, but there are some forum members who do. Peruse the freshwater fishing section and the Piedmont reports section, and see if you find some folks who do some of that style around here.

Welcome to NCAngler!

Reactions: RouseD and dbeam

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Welcome to the site. Do a search (top right corner of this page) on carp, and you'll find a lot of info there.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Check out city lakes close to you.Highpoint city lakes or greensboro city lakes.And one of the best is deep river.Not far frome you in randelman.I fly fish it a lot.As well as cat fish it.Welcome to th sight.It has some big carp in it.So you would be better off useing spider line

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
3,768 Posts
Thanks guys can't wait to try i out. I actually live right beside high point city lake.

I don't know anything about catching carp, but they are in there. And there are some good bass in there too, if you can find them in the right mood.

Reactions: dbeam and RouseD

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your into tournament carp fishing you should try Bailey's carp ponds in Mocksville, my roomate here at ASU is the son of the owner and helps run the place and they have some excellent tournaments from time to time. Great carp management and a fun place to bring the kids

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea baileys is a great pond to fish. Love catching the buffs he has in there. I fish there pops, spillmans, and darrs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
^pops is great too, with pond carp fishing making your own baits will serve you well, corn pops, molasses and your choice of ingredients will let you know what they are biting, its trial and error but when you figure it out you will be hooked!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts