NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i am going to carolina beach this weekend and would like to know a few good places in the river or inlet to take 14ft boat? have a gps if anyone would like to share some coordinates!!! thanks alot!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome to NC Angler. I don't fish down that way often so I don't have any "secret" spots to share with you.

Snows Cut (the channel that connects the River with the sound just below Caroilina Beach Inlet) is a very popular place to fish, especially for flounder. Some of the biggest flounder each year come from there. There can be quite a strong current there though depending on the tide cycle so use caution. Try to find a drop off with a ledge and drag some nice mullet or an artifical across the ledge - that is usually where the flounder hang out.

Good luck & tight lines!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome mrwildbill!
The only fishing I have done down there is out on the end of the island surf fishing and at Ft. Fisher as well. You can drive a vehicle on the beach in both spots but Ft. Fisher closes the gate around 6:00 PM. If I go down that way I fish Oak Island and have done real well at Lockwood Folly but you don't want to put a 14' boat in there. I prefer to fish further north with the exception of Oak Island.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard, MRWILDBILL. I think your best shot is to take TA's advice and fish for one or two large flounder. It takes patience but them doormats ARE rewarding, If that doesn't get it the blues and maybe the whiting should give you some action in the surf. puppy drum should be working the shallow flats over on sunny days. Trout???? tough this time of yr unless you stay on 'em. Black drum and sheephead should be in soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.