NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just told about NCAngler this afternoon.I looked at the site and it seems to be a great one.I live in Pa.But fish the NC. coast a few weeks each year any where from OI to emerald Isle. Thinking of retiring somewhere down that way in a few years.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Surffishn. Welcome to NCangler.com. How did you hear about us? This is a great place to live and retire (so I'm told...got to work three kids through college first!). What time of year do you usually head down and what fish do you target? We look forward to your posts. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NCangler to answer your questions.I heard about the site from Gooseman he is my son inlaw but more like a son and my best friend.As far as times to come down I like the fall most of all Nov. being my favorite month. On hatteras the warm weather crowd is gone and most every truck has a rod rack. I like to target the big red ones or stripers. My favorite fishing is tossing 8nbait in the surf.I have fished for cobia at Hatteras inlet also_Other times I target specs and flounder if I am down in the warmer months.Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard. Good to see another new angler. What part of Pa you from? I'll be in crawford county in western Pa in a few weeks visiting relatives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coach D I live in the southwest part of state Beaver county.I spend many days per year in Crawford county hunting and fishing.It is a nice Area.If you need any help or info feel free to ask or send PM.You are not to far from Lake Erie also when in Crawford.I spend lots of time in the winter steelhead fishing.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the offer. I'll be fishing from the shore mainly when I go up there. Need to find a good place to fish. Most of the relatives are old and it's a bit boring at times. Due to me being a military brat at first and then living here in nc for 17 years it has not been condusive to me knowing many of the relatives. Mainly just driving mom and me up to see grandma who is in poor health. Grandma always tells me to go find something more interesting to do then talk to a bunch of old "biddies". Maybe I'll try the creek that runs through the county. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crawford county is a big county.What town will you be near?And what kind of fish interest you. Ever hear of French Creek? It has some monster Muskies if you are in to big stuff.It also has walleye and smallmouth bass.Pymatuning lake has been awsome for Muskies lately also.The wife and myself caught them throwing rapalas for walleyes.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Oil Creek

I believe it's oil creek. I might be wrong though. I'll be in townville mainly. Will be in and around Titusville though. Was told last time up there that they fish for trout of the creek. Or as they say it up there...crick. I'll fish for anything that'll take my bait/lure. I just love the fun of a day out fishing.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Thanks again

See, this is why I love renewing my interest in fishing. Fisherman are great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.