NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, I am new to the area and will be fishing out of North Creek. Will be there 11/6 &7 trying to figure whats working and what's not. Work has kept me out of fishing for several years and I feel like a kid with his first pole. If anyone can offer some helpful hints from North creek to the Pungo river, holes,bait whatever, I'd appreciate it. Look forward to being active in this area as well as on this site.
Thanks
Bill W
no relation to AA, but more power to those involved.:)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
hey whats up welcome to the site. i cant help you were you want to fish but i bet someone here will let you know anything you need. if you ever make it around nags head then you can ask me and i can help. again welcome

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome, welcome, I too am back in the saddle after a long hiatus.. I have found this to be a great site with great people. I'm sure you will too!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcome guys. I've fished the outerbanks from the beaches for many years. Enjoyed it every time. Bought some property off of North Creek, I fished one day west of North creek and enjoyed the ride. But no fish. Went up into bailey creek and caught a 9" trout on top bait. Spent 5 hours on my dock another day and got a nice tan. I hope to improve on these last trips, will make a couple more trips this year I'm sure.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sounds like you grabbed a little piece of paradise. Enjoy it while you can, I'm afraid it is disappearing all too fast...

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey Bill, welcome to NCangler.

I'm not familiar with your area so I have no specific info for you but I do know that area holds some nice speckeled trout this time of year. A good way to get started finding them is buy some Berkley Gulp! bait & a couple of jigheads. I like the shrimp shaped ones for trout & flounder and use the white when fishing mud (dark) bottoms and use the new penny color on sandy (light) bottoms. 1/8 & 1/4 ounce jigheads should be a good start. Trout like eddy currents (not the heavy stuff) and will move around alot right now (till it gets real cold) following the bait, so just try different spots.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.