NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello sobosteve. Welcome to NCAngler. This is definitely a site to pick up added knowledge of fishing for anything that swims. Lots of folks from the OBX to the GSM.
I fish on the OBX anywhere from KDH to OI, mostly pier and surf. Where do you wind up when you go?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slowriser..
Hello, thanks for the welcome. I fish mainly near ramp 1 and oregon inlet catwalk; but the last 2 times I was at Old Jeanettes pier (stayed at cahoon's cottages then)
We came down april 20-22, boy was that the wrong time to fish! 4 of us fishin hard, didnt even have a nibble in 3 days..but the food was good, the ongoing poker game was better.
Sobosteve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad to have you on board. Have you tried the James River croakers this year. Had a friend go the other day and said they caught a few but not as many as in years past. OBX are awesome. Have been out of OI a few times off shore and rock fishing. Great place to catch some awesome fish, but a dangerous inlet if you are not careful.
H2O Fowl 4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol on the inlet kwmitchell...seen many a boat go by on a fast drift, only to have the coast guard not far behind doing the rescue..guess it wasnt a fast drift, just being washed out to sea. I am going back this July with the fam, hoping to land some trout, flounder and drum..I know the heat is too hot for fishing, but if the water is clear, should hook up with something.
Sobosteve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.