NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently moved here to Fayetteville, NC. My wife and i like to fish and were wondering where to go catch some bass and catfish. Ive also read that there are pike and walleye in the area, I've never fished for either. What areas should we fish that aren't overcrowded with people? Any areas close by? Im from Louisiana and am currently stationed at Ft Bragg. thank you for any information.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Welcome to NC, to NCAngler and thank you for your service to our Country. We do not have pike in NC, what we have are smaller "cousins" called pickerel that I would be willing to bet you have in LA. We have the Redfin and Chain varieties. We have stocked muskies and walleyes in one or two lakes/reservoirs in the mountains.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Welcome aboard. In that area you have access to lots of fishing waters on Ft Bragg. Check at the Game Warden Station across from McKellars Lodge for all your hunting or fishing activities.

If you don't fly fish and want to learn check out The Pechmann Fishing Education Center off Raeford Road. Great starter classes with all the equipment provided to learn.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Welcome to the site! We have walleyes in several mountain lakes and rivers, muskies too. Lake James has northern pike, not sure about other lakes up there. NC has a vast amount of fishing resources, so just hang around here on site and yo'll soon be reelin' them in!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
All the info I have been able to find is the Tiger Muskie and Northern Pike are no longer found in any NC waters this goes back to at least the 2011/12 Fisheries regulation book

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recommend harris and Jordan it is a little bit of a drive but worth it... it also depends oh what kind of fishing you are doing boat, kayak or from the shore?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts