NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon returning from Iraq last fall I purchased an 18ft Sea Fox center console. I have not put her in the salt yet but on her third voyage out I put a seven pound largemouth in the boat at High Rock Lake. After a few quick pictures she was released unharmed. I have a charter trip planned in June out of Wrightsville so I can watch and learn before I put the "Bite Me" in the ocean.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome Sgtfish. That sounds like a nice boat and a great fish. A lot of folks hear fish the saltwater, but it is sure not a requirement to put your questions and answers on the board. Lots of great folks here with infinite knowledge of fishing in any condition or location. Glad you made it back OK, and Thanks for your service to our country.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
First and foremost: I assume you weren't over there working on your tan. Welcome home. I'm glad you came back healthy enough to enjoy boating and fishing in NC. Many haven't been as fortunate. Its a sobering thought, but good to remember as we enjoy the blessings. Thank You for your service to our country.

Second: Welcome to the site - hope you'll visit often and let us know how the fishing is going for you and the new boat. There's also a good number of salties out here that can help you with getting started questions. They're not afraid to share their knowledge so don't be afraid to ask.

Third: 7 pound LM - That's way to Christen a new boat! Get those pics uploaded & show them both off!

Nothing fussier than a dusty boat - keep her wet and she'll be good to you...

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
sgtfish - Welcome aboard! Taking a charter is a great way to learn a new area. Even if you are an old hand at fishing, every area is somewhat different. I'm not sure who you are going out with but we have plenty of good charter/guides around here.

When you get ready to go out on your own, give me a shout and perhaps we can buddy boat to find the fish!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome back and thanks. Freshwater or salt, there is good info on here and people who don't mind sharing what they know. Feel free to ask or answer; it's all about helping each other in the pursuit of a few fish and a good time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Charter Is With Rodman, Capt. Rick Bennett. I Have Heard Good Stuff About His Charters An I Have Watched Several Of His Classes At Fishing Expos. Topsail Angler. I Will Be Sure To Talk To You Before My Next Trip Down. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.