NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ,
im new to these waters been in north carolina 6 months and are just starting to freshwater fish been a surf rat on long island NY for many years. it was time for a change . been a striped bass chaser for a long time up north with fish over 30 lbs to my credit from saltwater {there are no fresh water stripers on long island} now im looking for the fresh water ones the freshwater stripers have a whole differant way of feeding lots to learn here hope to have a great time here .

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Welcome to NC Angler and to NC! Be sure to check out our Striper forum and make a post there. We have some very knowledgable folks on inland striper fishing and they are always ready to help out.

You might want to consider going on a charter once or twice to learn how to fish the local waters.

Best of luck and be sure to post pictures of those great catches!

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Welcoome surfsanity! I can vouch for two guides at Jordan Lake. I went freshwater Striper fishing for the first time in my life a couple weeks ago and Capt. Troy Roberson of Striper-Sniper.com showed me the ropes and got me up to speed. We boated 31 stripers that day, all in the 6-9lb range. Capt. Troy says they'll go 18-20lbs in Jordan Lake. Capt. Steve Stephens of HOT SPOT Charters also serves as a guide on Jordan Lake. He and Capt. Troy host our new "Jordan Lake Blog". Great guys to know! ;)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
welcome welcome!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.