NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been learning how to fish the inshore salt for about a year and a half now mostly of the banks or using kayaks. My buddy and I just got an 18' Jon boat with a 90hp Mercury so we can cover a lot more water but we don't really know where to start. We are targeting reds trout and flounder. Can anybody help with any tips, hints, or advice to get us headin in the right direction??

ps I would have posted this question on its own but I can not figure out how to post anything on the page. So I guess if someone would like to tell me how to do that as well that would also be greatly appreciated haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone. im pretty new to this whole posting thing. actually i dont have no idea how to make a post like this one on the website, ive literally been trying to figure it out for the last 3 hours haha but anyways im also new to the salt. my buddy and i have been fishing New River for abou the last year and a half but have been restricted to the shore or our kayaks. we recently bought a boat so now we're ready to cover some ground. i was just wondering if anyone would be willing to help out a few new guys who are extremely eager to get out there and throw us some advice on maybe where a few good places would be to start looking for the red, trout, and flounder. or what baits to throw, or how they move during what times of year, anything. we are freshwater guys finally turned to the dark side and cant get enough, just need a little help. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. You had replied to an existing "thread" (a series of posts about a particular subject, thus a "thread" of conversation or thoughts), but I moved your post to your own and put it in the Meet and Greet forum since it was your first. To reply to this (or any other thread) after logging in, just click on the "Reply to Thread" button at the top of the thread on the left then enter your message and click Submit. To create a new thread go to the appropriate forum and click on the "Post New Thread" button at the top left of the forum thread list. Then enter a subject for your new thread (be as descriptive yet succinct as possible about the topic subject to make the thread easier to search for and find) and then the content of it. Then click Submit New Thread (lower right). Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.