NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going guys.
I just moved here from Cape Cod and Im ready to bend my poles.
Im trying to get into kayak fishing and still trying to find the good spots around the Cape Fear area. Id appreciate any help in any of these areas and hope I can find some new fiching buddies down here. Shoot me an email- I work on a tugboat in the GOM and am home every 3 weeks, for 3 weeks and cant wait to start fishing.

Good to meet you
Bill
aka Yank

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Howdy Bill
The guys at Cape Fear Kayaks can fix you up -- CAPEFEARKAYAKS.HTML. Keep an eye open for their kayak-fishing tournament series -- that'll be a great way to meet some locals. Also pencil in June 28 - Druminator's 2nd Annual Meet-n-Greet will be down at Ft. Fisher.

There are lots of good places within a 30 minute drive -- heck, some of us drive more than 2 hours to get to the same places! Fort Fisher's a great place to start -- it's protected on both sides, and there's not much boat traffic.

The only warnings I've heard around there are (1) watch out for shipping traffic in the river, and (2) the currents at Snow's Cut in Carolina Beach are pretty nasty.

Oh and of course, keep in touch here on the board. :D

I was up in Boston a couple of weeks ago -- the warm one, between the two storms. Nice place up there -- but still awful chilly for this southern boy... ;)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party Yank!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Yank, I just moved here myself from Newburyport, MA 3 months ago. Im right in Carolina Beach and yak fish quite a bit. Everyone on this site has been extremely helpful and I have caught quite a few fish as a result. There are some stripers in the river but I have not caught one yet. Of course I only tried once but that will change. Anytime you want to go let me know.
Go Pats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.