NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I use a Renzetti Traveler. I'm not familiar with the Regals operation but I have found the Renzetti's rotary features very easy to use.

Having a vise with a good set of jaws that holds the hooks tight is the most important and the lever operated vises tend to be the most popular. While you don't need the rotary feature to tie great flies, I find that I am able to make tighter, more uniform wraps wit a rotary vise.

RENZETTI - Quality fly tying Vises, Tools and Accessories manufacturer. :: Vises :: Traveler 2200 Series :: Traveler 2200 Series Base Model #28 to 4/0

·
Registered
152 Posts
U heve a better 1 than i do :) one of theese days ill get 1 of those roatery vices myself it's a good deel. if you do get a new one don't get rid of your old 1 , you can use it for makeing fly extendsions.

·
Registered
195 Posts
R,
I have more vises than I want to admit to. My first "good" ie expensive vise was a Regal. It is incredibly easy to use and holds hooks as well or better than any of the others. There are no adjustments needed for different hook sizes. It is nearly indestructable. I highly recommend it.

That being said, the vise I now use most is a Dynaking Barracuda largely because I like the true rotary function.

Regards,
Keith

Reactions: R4ED
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.