NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! As promised I'm back with another video! After fishing all morning without a nibble I almost gave up and went home. I'm now glad I didn't! I commited to paddling up the lake and into a creek to find some shallow water. After what seemed like an eternity, I located a nice area with some lilly pads in 1-3 ft of water. As I was working my lizard across the surface, hopping from pad to pad I saw the water "buckle" and a giant ripple work it's way out from my bait. I knew at that point someone was home and she was not happy......check it out, the HD version if possible!

[video=youtube;PFSJ1JZNeKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFSJ1JZNeKg[/video]

·
Registered
839 Posts
Nice Bass and catching on top water bait will make your heart pump more. The only thing is you need is longer arms or mount your video cam in another spot or adjust it. When you picked up the bass you really couldn't see the full size of the bass. But the video sharpness and clarity is very good also the voice pickup was very good. But other then those little things very good video and nice catch and keep them coming.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice Bass and catching on top water bait will make your heart pump more. The only thing is you need is longer arms or mount your video cam in another spot or adjust it. When you picked up the bass you really couldn't see the full size of the bass. But the video sharpness and clarity is very good also the voice pickup was very good. But other then those little things very good video and nice catch and keep them coming.

As soon as I get the funds I will probably mount an additional camera to the front of the Yak pointed toward me. That will be several weeks though probably. For now I do have footage of me weighing the fish but if I included that I'd have folks complaining about how long it was out of the water, haha! Suggestions noted though, thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
520 Posts
I watched it about 5 times in a row...ha. Checking your retrieve....were you just using a reel...pause...reel...pause retrieve? And it looked like she came up and missed it the first time (subsurface boil) and then came back to really hit it a second time on the surface?

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I watched it about 5 times in a row...ha. Checking your retrieve....were you just using a reel...pause...reel...pause retrieve? And it looked like she came up and missed it the first time (subsurface boil) and then came back to really hit it a second time on the surface?

Thanks for posting!
I have a few theories on this. One is that I startled her and she turned to see what it was. Two is that she turned in an effort to knock the lizard in the water for a stealth kill. Three it was an even bigger fish that moved and the 5lber got to it first. Not sure. Anyway, nothing special to the retrieve. I did notice the movement but did not see the giant "rings" at the time. My focus was only on the bait. When I saw movement, I brought it out into what looked like an area of "more open" water so I would have a shot at hooking the fish if she did indeed strike. It was all kind of a blur to be honest. Probably one of the top 5 fish catches in the few years that I have been fishing for bass!

-Finz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.