NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Brandon Jessup and I decided to try a new place near the house we found searching for places that fit the profile we determined to produce big fish from our previous experiences. When you find a spot and start research. What do you look for ? Previous experience? Other folks experience ? Web pages ? Blogs? Guides? What if those things don't exist. That is where we are. Found a place quietly searched and found nothing . Google search nothing . Other folks experience was minimum. Most people I have found pan fish there . Our target species was bass largemouth and smallies. I always enjoy places with variety of species to offer .and this place was unbelievable. We caught 16"+ brook trout 15"+ brown trout crappie over a pound . Blue Gill over a pound . And we did manage a a bass short but fat . We didn't have long to fish due to the private nature of the spot . We only have access from 8 am till 5 pm strick policy .so in a couple of hours we caught roughly 30 fish not bad but it definitely earned a second look . So what we found the best way to study it was hands on

Attachments

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Congrats... I don't have the slightest ability to find permission for private places. I think I scare people when I ask.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats... I don't have the slightest ability to find permission for private places. I think I scare people when I ask.
I think you scare some people when you get out of your car. They're just not accustomed to seeing someone so tall in the flesh...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Around here, though, a factor is whether you SOUND the same way as the person you ask.

And my midwestern accent comes out quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.