NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thinking bout bringing my kayak up there for labor day weekend and trying my luck there for trout/walleye/perch. I got some spoons to hook up to a triple swivel with 1-2 oz weights and giving 3 ft of line for the weights and lure. Hows that sound? I also got some lead core line to try trolling with but that will be next time after I can afford to buy a new reel. I guess the thickness of the line needs a large, special reel that counts too?

Figured this would be good practice for Nantahala but hopefully Ill have a small boat by next May for those kokanee.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice, then hopefully I will have a few hook-ups. I've read that most of the lake is good to fish including the middle and the 3 bays. Any spots you've had good luck with? I understand if you don't want to give away the sweet spots though. I was going to fish the Broad River as well for the hottest parts of the day. My neighbor said he had "some great luck fishing some stream that feed into Lake Lure". I noticed its the only body of water going in and out of the lake so I guess that's what he meant. Any word on how the fishing is there? He hasn't been there for a decade and things can change.

I was also wondering if you're aloud to camp around Lake Lure? Most the campsites up there are more pricey then usual and I'd love to be right on the lake.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently yellow perch and sunfish are biting right now (at Lake Lure)

People like walleye because they eat them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts