NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted back in june that my prowler 13 was stolen, well i couldn't stand it any longer and bought a Jackson Cuda 14 on saturday. went out Sunday about 9am and paddled to jenks creek and then to sandy area at Tubbs Inlet to catch bait. had been paddling with the seat in the low position thru boat wakes and against the tide with no problems. after catching bait set seat in high position and started anchoring along the piers along the creek with the tide. second cast got a short red. fished sideways on both sides of the boat no problems. caught a couple of short flounder and a small cartilaginous fish and decided to head in while tide was still going out. had moved and anchored several times. pulled anchor up and started out and turtled so fast i didn't even know what had happened. the seat in the high position must have thrown me for a loop. retrieved all gear except for 2 small boxes of weights and hooks and a pair of pliers. gotta get out on a lake and see the limitations of this boat.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Well, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was just getting ready to post. Do I want a JK Cuda or a native slayer?? Think you just answered my question!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
4 times overboard this year for me in the Surf...I'm getting good at recovery.
Make everything float...

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I watch kayak kevins podcasts on youtube when i'm bored. They had a discussion about the different boats they had paddled at a demo day and he said the Jackson cuda is a complete different animal with the seat in the high position.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didn't fall out the boat turtled. seat was in high position and boat wakes were pretty constant. went to a private lake today with no gear and the cuda will flip kinda easily with the seat set high. standing up was pretty easy but it is definitely not as stable as a prowler if you lean over. good news is its fairly easy to right the boat and re-enter.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Did u tie the seat down...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I turtled my cuda the other day as well but mine was a rookie mistake. I pushed out from a sandy area in French creek and as I was turning around the waves hammered me from the side and caught me off guard. My seat too was in the high position. Found everything in waist high deep. I gotta say the life proof water jacket on my iPhone worked!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts