NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome to the Hurricane family! You'll enjoy that Santee Tandem. You'll also enjoy picking it up after a long paddle since it hardly weighs a thing!

I love that green too. My Phoenix 130 is that color. Bring some sunglasses because it's shiny :cool:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Purdy fer shure..... I think Berkley sells a rod holder like the Scottys now cheaper....

Reactions: ogrefish

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I think Berkley sells a rod holder like the Scottys now cheaper....
Berkeley's rod holders (and Attwood's) do not have the notch on the front edge that allows them to work with spinning reels. Scotty and RAM will work much better for spinning gear. RAM's "wrist" is mounted at the front of the rod-holder, so the rod sits a little farther back... I've got one Scotty and two RAMs, still trying to decide which I like better.

RAM's new Revolution is pretty cool - it uses their ball mount on the bottom, and a one-axis wrist on the top, so you'll get a lot more adjustment out of that than any other I've seen...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Lefty I didnt know that. Thanks for sharing!!!! I intend to rework my whole boat this winter and had planned on the less expensive ones but primarily use spinning reels!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
J,This yak weighs 55 lbs.I was looking at the sot`s but my wife likes to fish with me and she feels safer in the sit in style.IF MAMA AIN`T HAPPY AIN`T NOBODY HAPPY!peace.......mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.