NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Native of North Carolina and enjoy fishing especially from my Kayak. Formerly fished from bass boats but with gas being what it is I decided to go a cheaper route but still catch alot of fish.
I live in the Sandhills area around Pinehurst. Have been fishing the Uwharrie and Deep Rivers and occasionally the Little River over the last couple of years but its hard to find folks to go with.

Aquaflow

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Welcome Aquaflow - you found a good place. Make sure you take a look at the kayak fishing forums.

The Weaver Creek arm of Jordan gets a lot of attention from the paddle crowd here in the triangle - maybe not too far for you. We also coordinate day trips out to the coast once in a while. Trying to get a little more organized about it...

If you read enough of my posts I sound like a broken record, but check the map (Quick Links->Kayakers Map) and see who's in your area. There's a link at the bottom to a post in the kayak fishing forum where you can add your info and get mapped too.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome...looks like you kayak guys are coming on strong!! Can't beat the price of gas to run one of those things either..LOL

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard. The silent fleet continues to grow. I know what you mean about finding someone with time to fish. 30 yrs ago-no problem. Now days everybody is too busy using timesaving devices to kill time. I guess we can chalk it up to progress. I have found that having 2 kayaks makes it a lot easier to find a fishing partner. It seems that the majority of people will be more than happy to commit themselves if you furnish everything and point out all the places to cast and clean their fish for them.:rolleyes: I guess people change along with their environment. Don't let this little rant get you down though because we have members who aren't that way at all. I used to partner up a lot of the times with people who didn't fish but just liked to float down the river. That saves you a lot of trouble cleaning fish, repairing broken tackle and replacing lost lures. So if you find you a partner that likes fishing the same places/time don't abuse him!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.