NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I am an avid offshore angler from South Fl. Headed up to Glenville for 10 days starting on the 6th. We are renting a house right on Lake Glenville. Done some digging trying to find out what I should bring to catch some fish while there.

I contacted Hookers Fly shop and were going to do a float trip.

Any suggestions for the lake would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Post in one of the more specific sections like 'Freshwater Fishing' for more traffic.

Good luck, and welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I always like to do a little intro when new to a forum. I copied the post to the NC Mountains section.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
We appreciate the intro and it's great to have you. Just wanted to offer the suggestion to try to help you get more views, since I couldn't help you directly. ;)

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Welcome to the site. I haven't fished Glenville in years, but we used to get LMB and SMB on small cranks and the 4 inch pre-rigged worms the used to hang in every old country store.
I would assume that the Spots have replaced most of the smallies but I don't know for sure.
Which ever species your after think natural colors, minimal flash, and small hard to see lines as light as you are comfortable is at least one size too big.

Darrell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts