NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL, Just moved down from upstate ny, looking to take my 8yr old Boy out for some fishing in our kayak. Anyone willing to give up a spot or two for to us try. we liked to try some spec trout fishing or Redfish. Remember we only paddle so needs to be close. we tried a few spots with no luck and no other fisherman. well nice to see a good site for info and friends:). Thanks

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the site and to NC. I see your in prime fishing country!!! The right baits/tides/tactics and you'll be wearin' em out!!! We have quite an armada of Yakkers here so I'm sure they can put you on the fish! Glad to see your passing the love on to your son! Lots of good info in past posts so please make good use of the "Search" function using key words like Specks, Trout, Reds, Puppy, Drum, marsh, Inlet, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hey loomis007 - welcome! There was a lot of catching going on earlier this fall in the Queens Creek area. Easy kayak launch from the North East corner of the Queens Creek Rd bridge - well worn path down to the water's edge and you can drive right down there. Lots of shallow water, oyster beds, grass - good looking redfish area. The area from the bridge out to the mouth was recommended to us - represents about a mile and a half of the creek. The one time I managed to get down there we caught a mixed bag of small and trash fish on gulp shrimp, and as many delicious looking 4" bunker as we could stand in the cast net.

We also get a lot of discussion about the Hammocks beach park area for kayaking but I haven't been out there.

Hopefully some locals can chime in with a little better target, especially for different times of the year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.