NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I get so much info from this site I figured it was time to join and chime in! I've lived in Raleigh for about 6 years now and love the surrounding waters. I do most of my fishing with my Dad at Harris Lake, though occasionally we fish Jordan or Wheeler. Most of the time we are in our 17' Clearwater skiff on the lake, but I also enjoy taking out my cheapo yak. Also I'm getting addicted to fly fishing and will actually be in the mountains this weekend :D Once in a while we make it to the coast and try our hand (typically with little success) at reeling in trout, reds, and flounder. Thanks to this site, I fell in love with Zman baits back in November due to a multitude of trout at Morehead City in our little skiff.

Looking forward to learning from yall and being the newbie for awhile!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Glad you are chiming in! looking forward to reading about your trips!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nice move on joining in! You won't regret that one! As you move west for fishing, check in with Richard, aka Chiefly Fly'n. He owns Carolina Mountain Sports in Statesville and is an excellent resource for fly fishing, kayak/canoe fishing, smallies, trout and a multitude of other things! As you move east, I would also highly recommend Scott Hobbs for fresh & salt water info. Like MANY NCAngler members, both of these guys are great resources and their knowledge runs DEEP! Welcome and we look forward to your posts!

BTJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts