NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved close to Kernersville last year in March and have been trying to really get back into fishing, mainly for largemouth/smallmouth but I definitely wont turn down a good panfish or catfish spot! I just have zero knowledge about the lakes in this area. I grew up 20 minutes from lake Eufaula and the Chattahoochee in AL so I never really had to search for good fishing spots. I do not have a boat right now so that also limits me because apparently alot of the lakes in the immediate area don’t allow bank fishing. Any tips or advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Always looking for a new fishing partner! Just wanting to get out there and rip some lips!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Some areas I know have bank or dock fishing:
Oak Hollow- High Point
City Lake - Jamestown
Randleman - Level Cross
Hagan-Stone Park - Pleasant Garden

River Wading Access:
Deep River - Franklinville
Deep River - Randleman

I have put up trip reports on most of the lakes/streams mentioned if you look in my profile or search for them.

·
Red X Angler
3,751 Posts
I don't live there anymore, but I still pop in from time to time because I have logged quite a many hours around the Piedmont-Triad waters. Even if you just get into a canoe or kayak you'll expand your options tremendously over bank/pier fishing. A canoe and a 30lb thrust trolling motor would get you on some good fish in several of the above mentioned places. Randleman has an electric-only section that would be easy to fish from a canoe, and if you take a spare battery City Lake would be fine as well. Just remember that if you put a motor on it, you'll need to have registration numbers on it.

Welcome to the site!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts