NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..I new to the forum and website. I just moved to Asheville from Tampa, Florida. I retired out of the Air Force at 34 due to a stroke so I decided to relax and fish..no more working for me just fishing.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard ERK,
You have landed in a fine town , but you are surrounded, your new mission is to recon the local trout streams and exercise population controls on these tasty morsels so that the local kiddies can swim without fear of being attacked. When you have the stream populations under control you are to work your way down thru the lakes to the coast. No, you didn't retire you just made a lateral move to homeland security, now do your part and ensure no little kiddies get swallowed up by some evil monster fish.:D Should you require information or other help I'm sure that the members of this board will be proud to help you accomplish your new mission. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW MISSION!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to WNC!! You're in the middle of some great water from trout streams, to river smallies to lake largemouth WNC has it all. I think once you get out and do some scouting you'll realize that there's more water than a man can fish within a days drive.

Thanks for your service to our GREAT COUNTRY!! Now relax and fish!! If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask. Several members here live in the Asheville area and I'm sure most of them are more than willing to help.

·
Registered
205 Posts
erk, you'll be glad you moved to the left hand side of the state. plenty of water to keep you interested for years. hate that it happened the way it did though. grew up an air force brat ( dad retired after 28 years and brother is newly retired after 25 years as a swabbie) you may have a problem with some of the left wingers. asheville is crawling with them , but i don't know your views. anyway thanks for the service and if you need any info on streams or rivers let me be of service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for having me, I have been fishing a bit but the only thing I caught was some catfish..I took my son fishing for his 3rd birthday. I am currently restoring my boat so hopefully I will be back on the water in about 4-6 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.