NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather being ugly all weekend I could not miss the chance to get out and wet a line. The wife and son had been in the house all day so we loaded up in the truck and rode a few miles down to Fort Macon. I crawled up on the rock jetty looking for an elusive trout. After about 15 min I decided taking a walk with the wife would be much better. As we walked my interest got the better of me when I seen the water moving funny in a little trench. I ripped of some line and gave a nice 40ft cast, about the 4 strip I felt a nice bump and set the fly. No fight at all but still a really nice surprise to snatch a dink on the fly from the beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got the hat at AB surf shop. Andrew, it will open up a new world of fishing. Fly fishing has made me a better conventional angler.
Agreed. Fly fishing made me a more patient, attentive angler. My son has the same hat. Might have to appropriate that for myself...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.