NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With temps stabilizing as the weather gets better, decided to get away from the drum and blues and go for some bottom fish today. Good choice. My sister got a nice pomp 1lb 14oz. I got a short flounder and a baby shark :confused: somehow I always get outfished when I bring her along,.
pomp.jpg

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! At first she didn't understand why it was such a nice fish, until I explained that it was 2 ounces away from a citation then she was super happy, but wanting to go back and catch one 2 ounces bigger hah

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
When the pomp's are in the surf I like using a 7 foot med action rod and a 1 ounce lead. The ones in that size range will make you run up and down the beach fighting hard. They get their body turned against the tide lines and battle hard. As I move down the beach I pick up sand fleas and put them in my pocket. Only return to the pier cart to drop off fish or get a new leader.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When the pomp's are in the surf I like using a 7 foot med action rod and a 1 ounce lead. The ones in that size range will make you run up and down the beach fighting hard. They get their body turned against the tide lines and battle hard. As I move down the beach I pick up sand fleas and put them in my pocket. Only return to the pier cart to drop off fish or get a new leader.
one ounce jig head?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts