NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this site and was overwhelmed by all the great info on here. I am from the Raleigh area and I have been fishing Falls Lake for about 10yrs or so. My boat was down for a few years and I got it back together over the fall/winter. So I am now back on the lakes! 90% of the time I am on Falls Lake fishing for Bass, crappie, and every now and then catfish. I have fished Kerr and lake James and I hope to try Jordan soon. Hopefully this site will help me keep up with what the fish are doing and help me catch a few more.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome to NCangler.com spectrum. Glad you found us. I hope you'll post some fishing reports and tips on fishing Kerr and Lake James in our NC Lakes and Ponds forum. We have also started species specific forums for fresh and saltwater fishing in North Carolina. We look forward to your posts and participation. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome Spectrum.:D There is much to read here and plenty of help. I am new here too. I live in Nashville, NC about 35 min East on US64. I wanted to know about Lake James. I read in NC Sportfisherman Mag that it was a really nice smallie lake. Did you fish for smallies? Did you have any luck? Was it crowded? Glad your on board and hope to share experiences whenever possible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lake James is by far the nicest lake I have ever been on! Its mountain fed so the waters are crystal clear, deep, and cold. I have seen depths in that lake 100 to 150 feet. There might even be deeper sections then that that I haven't discovered. Some of the fish that my father and I have caught there is Walleye, small mouth, pike and trout in that lake. Its a pretty decent size lake so it doesn't feel as crowded like Falls lake gets in the summer. Thanks for the welcomes guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.