NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the hot weather night fishing is the only way to be on the water. Fished flatheads last night from midnight to dawn. Caught 4 flats at 5,8,24 and a38lber. Also lost another big fish. That 38 put up a great fight, caught him on a 8" crappie. It was pretty nice out there, only saw afew boats. july fishing 012.jpg july fishing 014.jpg

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
good going, I was at tucker town dam 4 hours not even a bite nobody was getting anything:(:mad::confused:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It takes alot of time on the water to hunt down those flatheads in the summer. Alot of moving around. But it's well worth it when you hook into a decent one. Theres nothing like beening on the lake around 0300 when you hear one of your livebait rods start clicking out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My brothers go night fishing on Tillery quite often. They use the cajun jugs (they made some out of pool noodles). They seem to have decent luck. We used them the last time I was with him during the day and didn't catch but 3. I think they like to just have a night every now and then to get away from the wives and kids honestly lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Theres a big difference between jugging and fishing with Rod&reel. The thing with jugs , it don't take any skill level to catch fish. Theres no challenge in it.Plus I've seen too many jugs floating around with fish on them and juggers are long gone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree there is a difference. Like I said, they mainly do it as a chance to get away and have some time on the boat. And they never leave jugs behind, I was with my brother one time and a fish drug a jug quite a ways, but we searched until we found it. Thats like saying all people who fish leave their fishing line and trash on the water or bank which is not the case. The thread was about night fishing on Tillery, didn't realize you were just talking about fishing with a rod and reel, they do that too in the down time waiting for the fish to bite on the jugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts