NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm taking my ole dad night fishing and into the morning on the beach this Friday, so far it looks like the weather and conditions will be just fine. Haven't ever done any night fishing in the Carolinas before. Planning on bottom rigging with surf rods, brining one 7ft MH to throw some plugs/jigs to help me stay awake. Trying to decide where to go... Trying to decide between Kure Beach (by the pier)or Fort Fisher to try the small beach by the rocks (will we get taken out to sea at 6by the incoming tide?), Emerald Isle possibly by Bogue pier (up on the pier as an option if we are getting skunked), or wrightsville beach (thinking any of the beach by the coast guard station).
Couple of things I want to know...
1.) are we going to gett eaten alive by insects (want to try to stay decently comfortable)?
2.) can I net any bait in immediate areas at said locations?
3.) is there a decent bite at night?
4.) any advice/preference on any of the above locations?
5.) will I be wasting my time with my 7ft MH jigging/topwater at night?

thanks so much for any advice!

spoony

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I'm at Fisher in the rocks on the north side of the little beach.
I can catch fish day and night. Granted they run small but it's fish.
I'm getting into large pig fish, some nice mullet, a good sized black drum, some convicts, and some undersized sea bass fishing right in the rocks.

Caught several sharks in the 4-5 foot range yesterday about 2 pm. Caught a couple more last night and some large rays.
Surf is going to be rougher Friday. Saturday would probably be the better day.

Always look at Magicseaweed.com and tides4fishing.com for surf reports. The accuracy is very high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Drum Runner for the info... Can't alter days, so will have to brave he wind, check out early if it gets too overwhelming.
looks like wind will be coming from the east, so may choose a spot that it's coming at us and not across.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'd find something else to do besides plugging at night. It's the "flash" that gets the fishies excited and if they can't see the flash then you're just going to wear yourself out. That's why you don't see anyone plugging for Spanish after dark on the pier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.