NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the exception of today and few last days, these summer days get hot. I've just started fishing in the area (Raleigh/Triangle) although I've lived here for a long time. Does anyone know places nearby that I could legally nightfish at?

Many parks have closing times or gate closures starting around 8 or 9 pm. I do not own a boat, so I'd have to have access to bank fishing.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Neuse River has many access points and a new trail all along through Raleigh. Good catfishing and bream and even some bass. There are some easy access spots for Falls Lake that aren't parks, or are open all night. Creedmoor Road launch doesn't close and gives access to spillway between Beaver Dam area (non-motorized boating area) and the lake. Tailrace under Falls Dam is good place too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh thank you very much skooteri. Those sound like good places for me to explore during the day and come back at night! I knew the Neuse would probably have good locations, but didn't know they had that many open areas; now I can't wait to start a catfish adventure.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sharon Harris....fish all night...lots of people do.

Reactions: OptiMystic

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I like Harris also. Bank fishing can be a little tricky there but at night with the limited traffic it can be good right near the ramps and the catfish do cruise the shallows. As far as the Neuse around town, there is a disconnect between what is allowed and what is commonly done; read the signs about when the access is officially open and make your own decision.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Falls lake, New Light rd, Old Weaver rd, ride around or "google map" and look around, There are places out there. Secluded and unlit, so go prepared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I caught my first "large" fish! I caught a 3ft gar at milburnie using a fish head for bait, I was going for catfish but it was still a fun surprise to catch one at night.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Falls lake for sure. I fish Lynn late eve though signs might say closes at 11pm but usually I am ready to head home by than

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I really gotta know about your screen name ExpiredJelly..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts