NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
headed out to my favorite night tim espot since I can work a full 180 degrees from this bank spot. As I was walking down the path to the lake I noticed at end of the path near my final destination a lot of swirling and activity. Tonight I grabbed my light action rod wit a lip crank minnow, my senko wacky rigged and my buzz bait. decided to hit the first spot with the small minnow ( see it in one of the pictures ) on my mr crappie rod and reel. About fifth cast or so Bam pole is bent and a nice fight is one. I love light action but always afraid I am going to get into a biggie and lose it. This first guy gave a nice little fight went airborne a few times and needed pliers to get both sets of hooks out. There was a lot of swirling and bait jumping with something after it in the area but this was the only one that I got.

headed to my sweet spot and decided to stay with the light action since the top water bite has been starting later. Kept working the minnow all around the area and ended up with 6 all about the size in pictures 2 and 3. Kept pliers handy since seemed to be getting one every 5th cast.

At 9PM decicded to switch over to topwater buzz bait. Worked it for 15 minutes till one nailed it while I was running it close to the bank. Fish had main hook and trailer set deep in it and again needed pliers.

Worked the same area working a full 180 degrees and finally when I got to the other shoreline another nailed the buzz and again had both hooks firmly planted.

About the time of the last catch a beaver started blasting away like crazy making a total ruckus and than once again the lightning came at about 930. Seems like every night at 930 I see lightning must be my wives way of saying time to come home!!! As I was wrapping everything up a large bass went airborne after something I could tell from the silhouette in the air it was good size but another flash of lightning told me I better get a move on instead of staying and hunting down the biggie.

Today was best night in numbers this year for me however all 9 total didn't likely weigh 4 pounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
i fish a retention pond in my back yard just about every evening around the same time and more nights than not, they are super active.

went out last night at 8 pm, caught 2 catfish and 3 bass on a green pumpkin worm in the span of an hour. Needless to say, its well worth the 100 yard walk from my back door :)

Jaw Sky Fish Elbow Fishing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.