NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the water today. Wasn't expecting much, just wanted to put an end to a bad case of cabin fever! Launched in great conditions Sunday morning with calm winds and air temperature in the 50's. Water temperature was 42 degrees, one foot below the surface. I have a swimming pool thermometer on a length of cord, it works pretty good. At 1230pm, water temp was 43. Clouds were moving in and I called it a day.

The good news is I covered water from Figure 8 (Nixon Channel)to Topsail Island (Hampstead Marina) and didn't see any trout floating dead in the water. Didn't see any pods of porpoises. Lots of sea birds flying around, never saw any Pelicans crashing the surface. Didn't get any bites today. Threw some 52MR's and grubs on a jighead and finally pulled off the grub and pinned on frozen shrimp. All with the same result... But it was great to be on the water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.