NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soon to be a resident in the Calabash area and I'm looking for places to bass fish.

1. with the least amount of gators

2. flyfishing

3. from a kayak

Are there places in southern NC like this? If so where and a little insite would be great.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Can't help with that particular area, but welcome to the forum. Lots of kayakers here, so maybe after you have done all the dangerous research, we'll come down and join you! :D:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hwy 130 from shallotte inland. Lots of creeks that look really fishy. You may be able to get a kayak in one. Never fished there, but see people stopped on the side of the road all the time.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
There is always some folks there lookimg for relatives and friends that went fishing there and didn't return.....:DJ/K. You may have to wait and ask your new neighbors on that one. Waccamaw Lake and Waccamaw River come to mind. That's a pretty good drive though and I think you might have several closer options. I'm not familiar with the gator distribution. I do know they live well north of there so don't be too suprised to find one down there in some place someone says is gator free. Folks bring them back from Florida and turn them loose after they realize what a foolish mistake they made. One mistake leads to another.... The same happens with a lot of other types of pets. It keeps a few people working....mostly state and local government employees.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I got to looking at google maps and there is a put in at the bridge over Waccamaw River where 904 meets 905. Quite a few houses down stream by the river. It starts narrowing down above there and there is much less civilization. That might be your best place. Plenty of room to give any gator a wide berth.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I've got a buddy who fishes bass tournaments, I sent him an email asking about that part of the state... Haven't heard back but when I do, I'll pass it along!

Reactions: Gary L. Pelletier

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got to looking at google maps and there is a put in at the bridge over Waccamaw River where 904 meets 905. Quite a few houses down stream by the river. It starts narrowing down above there and there is much less civilization. That might be your best place. Plenty of room to give any gator a wide berth.
Thanks I will check into 904 and 905.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is always some folks there lookimg for relatives and friends that went fishing there and didn't return.....:DJ/K. You may have to wait and ask your new neighbors on that one. Waccamaw Lake and Waccamaw River come to mind. That's a pretty good drive though and I think you might have several closer options. I'm not familiar with the gator distribution. I do know they live well north of there so don't be too suprised to find one down there in some place someone says is gator free. Folks bring them back from Florida and turn them loose after they realize what a foolish mistake they made. One mistake leads to another.... The same happens with a lot of other types of pets. It keeps a few people working....mostly state and local government employees.
Sounds Like a good job for someone other than me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.