NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been there about 5-6 times now and I'm just not getting a thing.. suppose I need a boat!

So I have a question.. I noticed that with my texas rig my bullet weight was pushing the worm a little back down the hook and bunching it up some, so I modified it so I have a medium sized bead between the weight and hook... does anyone have any personal expierience with that being either a good or bad idea?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
dont feel bad dross1782! alot of people dont have alot of luck at lake rim, the best spot to fish in that lake you do need a boat to get to them. as for your texas rig what size weight are you using?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno, It isnt very big, of the three sizes I have Its the medium one, I think the reason its bunching the worm is because it has that concave shaped back end that kinda overlaps the top of the hook where the head of the worm is..

·
Registered
33 Posts
just dont put the hook that deep through the head of the worm, to give the weight a little room against the eye of the hook. also, the bead is not necessarily a bad idea either. it will produce a slight clicking sound under water. bass will feel the pressure change and possibly be attracted to it. that same idea is applied when you do a carolina rig
companies are creating new off set to better keep worms in place, any bait or tackle shop will have them

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Ditto on don't put the hook so far down in the worm, it should be at the top so the concave weight will be just on top of the hook.

Another thing you can do is take a toothpick and stick it in the weight and peg it against the worm where it won't move .

<*)))))>{

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I tried using the carolina rig for a while but I kept snagging and losing them but thanks again guys... I'll definately give those new hooks, and the toothpick thing a try

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I like Gamakatsu, they have a sharp angle at the nose. There are worm hooks with a plastic holder at the eye to keep it in place. Don`t forget if you want to spend more you can get worm hooks with the weight attached and in colors. (like a jighead) Some are just like a traditional bullet shape but you got shakey heads, football heads, etc. Nothing wrong with pegging. Don`t think the bead is a bad idea either, for attraction and some say to protect the knot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts