NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been without power now for 2 days. I've seen posts about high winds, but boy did we get hammered. I can't recall wind that has ever been that strong for such a long period of time. Worse conditions here than after an ice storm. Word from the power company is it will be Thursday evening before our power will be back on. Thank goodness for camping gear.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Wow Crummy, anything someone here can do for you? I don't know where you are but I or someone nearby can bring ya what ya need...just say so !!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just fine. I've camped in alot worse places. I took my meats and frozen goods to my neighbor's where he is running a generator for his deep freezor. I lost the rest of the stuff in the fridge.(not much really) Our road is the only one without power. My father lives just down the road so I have been showering and stuff there. Thanks for the offer. Here in the hills, we have to deal with this, but usually during ice storms and such. I have propane and things for backup but the weather now is mild and really quite nice. Been hanging out with friends and neighbors outside till dark. Only real pain is not having running water.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a great time to go fishing! I hope you're able to get ice and supplies okay. If the community can do anything please don't hesitate to ask. Hang in there! ;)
Thanks. Still alot of folks here in my shoes. Got some work to do over the weekend. Gonna have to saw up limbs and clean up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Crummy, It sounds like you're taking it all in good stride. We were blessed up here the high mountains shielded us from the blunt of the storm but they took a real beating.
I lived on the coast for 15 years "hurricane country" I know exactly what you are going through without power. How did our Great Grand Parents get by? Taking a bath on saturday only, is just not acceptable anymore! Thank God for solar showers !!!!
If you can get to wally world you can pick one up in the camping isle.
I'm sure they'll have your power back on shortly, keep your head up brother.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No major damage. Got some Bradford Pear limbs down. NOTE-Do not plant Bradford's in your yard. They will snap in 10 years. Seems they don't hold up in this climate. I did not plant these but I have already cut 6 of 'em down. I have 3 left and I don't see them lasting long.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Yup -- the Triangle area learned about those Bradford Pears a few years ago. My neighbor lost a similar number.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as anticipated. I had a bradford break under the weight of some kudzu. Now THAT is a nuisance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.