NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out for 2 hours this evening putting the waders to use again tonight. Started in another spot that has good solid ground firsts with top water and than a worm with no luck. Move on to next spot and I feel a tap tap and all of a sudden a little bass comes flying out of the water and than my line is off to the races. I am guessing that maybe the little bass did the first tap and the bigger bass a nice 3.5 pounder went after it and grabbed the worm in was all within same area and no more than a second apart so thats what I am thinking happened. Tried topwater in this area as well and again no luck.

Decided to head on down the lake to access the other side of the log I had just worked and this time with a wacky rigged senko I got a nice hit and and this one took it, on hook set it went airborne jumping like crazy. Did my best to keep rod tip down but this guy kept going airborne. Ended up a nice 4.5 with the hook down in deep no wonders it kept jumping.

Moved to spot three and again with wacky rig senko tossed just under a tree and a few seconds after landing I felt the tap and again line tighten hook set and a nice 4.1 pounder.

Last 45 minutes worked all buzz bait and could not get a strike at all or even a swipe and a miss. I guess the wacky rigged senko was the key today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tonight topwater was slow as well. Had one swipe and miss and one 1.5 pounder take it and landed. Slowest night in june so far just 1. Have had 20 bass this month best so far this year. Cant wait for the full moon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where about you fishing at? Try out a scum frog lil big foot. Makes an impressive bubble trail like a buzz bait but its snagless And it floats to so don't have to burn it as fast. Had a lot of luck working slow like a popper as well. Chain pickeral go nuts for em to.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where about you fishing at? Try out a scum frog lil big foot. Makes an impressive bubble trail like a buzz bait but its snagless And it floats to so don't have to burn it as fast. Had a lot of luck working slow like a popper as well. Chain pickeral go nuts for em to.
lake lynn and a proivate lake every once in a while. No grass areas so havent tried a frog much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts